- personal health care
- care and maintenance of their personal space
- grocery shopping
- socializing with neighbours
- taking care of their personal needs (e.g. buying clothes)
- participating in social activities (visits to museums etc.).
- engaging in local activities and the life of the neigbourhood
The Sheltered Housing initiative aims:
• To defend the individual and social rights of the tenants as well as their privacy.
• To promote personal development and socialization.
• To improve social skills through daily contact with the community.
• To reduce the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness.
• To respect the dignity and personality of each patient.
• To improve patients' self-awareness and perception of reality.
• To cultivate team spirit.
• To encourage and support the patients' social involvement and participation in leisure activities.
• To encourage the guests' reconnection with their relatives.
• To provide assistance for the family environment and to prepare it to host the patients after their psychosocial rehabilitation has been completed.
To achieve the goals of the Protected Housing programme would mean to contribute to reducing the economic and social cost of mental illness.
1A Souidias str, 18541, Piraeus, Telephone: +30 213 0247184, Fax: +30 210 4826064, email: email@example.com