PIKSIDA is a mental and social support organisation aiming at supporting vulnerable population groups. It was founded at Piraeus in 2005 under the form of a Non-Profit Civil Company.
PIKSIDA holds an “Administrative Efficiency Certificate - Type B” granted by the Special Service for Health and Social Solidarity. This accreditation, in combination with its long-standing experience, can boost the development of new actions in Greece and abroad.
Since 2006, PIKSIDA has been supporting the National Psychiatric Reform Programme through its participation in the Operational Programme “Health and Welfare 2000-2006” - “PSYCHARGOS” 2nd operation of “THARAPAFSI”, a residential institution under the surveillance of the Phase and the establishment and Directorate for Mental Health of the Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity.
In this context, PIKSIDA continuously organises awareness-raising and information activities:
• Scientific events.
• Community awareness-raising events against the stigma of mental illness.
• Participation in volunteering activities.
• Organisation of art events, having in mind the valuable contribution of Art to Psychotherapy.
PIKSIDA, as an organisation for Mental and Social Support, aims at helping and empowering vulnerable population groups.
• Defend the human rights of all persons who are deprived of even the basic living conditions.
• Acceptance of difference by the society as a whole.
• Elimination of the stigma of mental illness.
• Creation of equal opportunities for everyone and establishment of a support network in Greece and abroad.
• Provision of care to all social groups, regardless of their age, gender, colour and religion.